BEYOND THE SHELF – Welcome to The Pulp and Mystery Shelf 2017!
Greetings and welcome to THE PULP AND MYSTERY SHELF in 2017!
Just a few quick highlights of changes being made going into the new year, hopefully for the better:
- In the last six months, the “pulp” part of the site name has largely gone ignored. It was always meant to be primarily mystery (as signified by the URL mysteryshelf.com), but as someone who reads and writes other types of genre fiction that also spin out of the pulp magazine origins, I as the administrator also wanted to showcase some of this as well. To allow me to better fit my original vision for the site, I am going to try this publication schedule for the time being:
- MONDAYS AND WEDNESDAYS – The focus will remain on mystery titles on the site’s already established publication days. Many titles will still be cozy in nature, as that is what my primary provider carries, but the site will certainly be open to other forms of mystery.
- FRIDAYS – Fridays began last month to showcase more titles for the holiday season. Going into 2017, Fridays will remain on the schedule but dedicated to more of the “fantastic” types of genre fiction that owe their origins to the pulp era – largely SF and fantasy. After getting to meet amazing people at LosCon this past November, it made me as an administrator realize that I wanted to give these areas a little more exposure. After a couple of months, this will be revisited and tweaked as necessary.
- There is also a special event planned for the month of February. In February, THE PULP AND MYSTERY SHELF will show a little extra love to the mystery genre with “Showing Love to Genres,” meaning there will be extra book related content on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays that month. Genres may vary.
- THE PULP AND MYSTERY SHELF will turn one year old at the end of March 2017. Additional changes to the blog may take place at that time, depending on what is learned analyzing the last year’s worth of data.
Thank you everyone for the continued support and looking forward to a great 2017!
– Shannon Muir, Administrator, THE PULP AND MYSTERY SHELF